Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween

This year for Halloween, I was really debating if I was going to buy costumes again or just make them pick from the bucket. But ended up giving in and letting them choose.
The kids had a great time at our wards trunk or treat and it was good turn out which equals extra candy. And of course our neighborhood doesn't get a lot of trick or treaters so we always head out and adopt our friends old neighbor hood. which is the jack pot of all neighborhoods.

We did about two blocks worth of a street and already the buckets were full. Ethan said since the bucket was full it was time to go home. ( here in IN. we can only trick or treat between 5-7) It was a bit cold.... Jameson fully understand the faster you hit each house the more candy you get.. and was frustrated about constantly having to wait for the younger two to catch up. ( it was ruining his flow.) Zoey had so much fun trick or treating and told me so every time she got a new piece of candy.. Ethan did as well...But he isn't in a hurry to get to the next house and always wanted to check out the good in his bucket. But once he felt his bucket was full it was time to quit. They did really good and had a blast.
After trick or treating we always head back to the house and I make hot cocoa and put on a movie. Which is my favorite part of the evening.

This year.. Jameson decided to be Snake Eye's from G.I Joe.. and felt the sword was a must for the final touch
Ethan... decided to be Duke from G.I Joe.. and need a sword as well.. mainly because his brother got one.
Zoey after many thought of fairy& princess, decided to be a witch.. she loved the hat and the fact her skirt would light up.( yes, she showed EVERYBODY)
I put a little eye liner on her and tried to give her a lil mole... she loved the eye liner and asked me to take off the mole cause it wasn't pretty. I then told her it was beauty mark.. but she insisted it was not cute.( the song your so vain just popped into my head.) I wonder what her reaction would have been if I painted her face green?

These other pictures were taken on Sunday following .. I threw the kids out of the house for pure sanity reasons. ( can we say SUGAR HIGH) and told them to rake up the leaves why they were out there... they raked and raked and raked.... and then they played and played and had a leave fight... I couldn't resist but to go snap a few pictures near the end of their fun.

4 comments:

Tami said...

Glad you all had a good Halloween. I totally understand the need for sanity. My kids played out much later than normal on Sunday night as well.

Love the pics.

Katie said...

I think I have the pics of when we lived in ogden and you took leaf pics. They are still some of my favorites. Well done stacey on an awesome halloween once again. Did anyone ask why you parked at the old abandoned Craig home? lol. The costumes looked great! WTG again.

jbbuys said...

It looks like Ethan has to pee in the group shot. Kids now a days seem to have a lot better costumes than we did. I remember when I was a ninja and wore my black levi's,black sweats, and tied a black shirt around my head. And we actually had to walk the neighborhood with pillow cases like real trick-or-treaters.

Tell the kids hi!

-Bryce

The Byington's said...

So cute! Your kids are all so adorable! That's interesting that you have to be done trick or treating by 7. Although, it makes sense! What a fun little tradition too, to have hot chocolate, and watch a movie! I'll have to adopt that tradition, I like it! Glad they all had fun!