Sunday, November 8, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things......

SO as I was saying sweet nothings to one of my beloved appliances. ( Oh, like you don't do that!) I started me thinking about my few "can't/won't live with-outs ever again. And I thought I'd pay tribute and do a post.
My#1 item I will never ever do with out
The Kitchen Aid. I still to this day cannot fathom how people make due with out this blessed appliance. In fact I told Paul if it ever gives out on me it will be replaced Immediately. ( and maybe just maybe we will upgrade to the bigger better and heavier duty version... ooh I think I just got chills.) I told him this was as big a staple in our house as the computer or T.V is. I don't think he agreed with me on that.. but he knew better then to argue.
I should also throw in that the cheese grater attachment is as important to the kitchen-aid as any beater attach.. I can Grate an entire Block ( the big block too.) of cheese in matter of seconds! It's a must have.

My #2 item that has climbed the charts especially as the cold season is sneaking in ,is this:
That's right, the Hot Cocoa(& other hot drinks) maker. This thing is awesome. It is my version of the coffee maker.( since I start mine every a.m) It heats and froths, and will turn back on if your hot cocoa cools too much! To me it's a must have and it too will be replaced if ever broken. I love that I can add my "whatever's" and walk away. It rocks!

Okay, those are my top two. But here are few others that I have deep feelings for:

The Dyson.. It has been my favorite vacuum. ( of course in the way of my other vacuum's they didn't stand a chance since they were always the cheapies.. and yes cheapies suck exactly the opposite way you want a vacuum to suck.) But the Dyson..It has been a very good little sucker.

The rice cooker- How do people make REAL rice with out a rice cooker??? I don't know and I never want to find out.

The Panini or electric Grill.... I love convenience and quickies.

The Electric wheat grinder.. Okay I don't have this one yet, but as I crank my hand one I fantasize about getting one someday.( I love my hand grinder it works great... but my arm gets very tired for as often as I use it.)

The food chopper....... I hate chopping vegi's and I love making vegies soo small you can barely see them. So this too is a staple in my house.( Plus the kids have a grand time pushing the lil hob nob as fast and as hard as possible.)

So there is a tribute to my household gadgets. I wonder what other gadgets people revere in their house?

5 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

What a fun post...and I can honestly say I own none of those necessities!! But than again, I spend as little time as possible in the kitchen! I may have to do a similar post! Thanks for the idea! I miss ya!

Tami said...

What a fun post. Might have to copy it at some point, but until then, my list is similar to yours. Love my Kitchen Aid and my Dyson. I have the exact wehat grinder you pictured and its fabulous. Used to have a hot chocolate make but it died. Don't have the veggie chopper or the cheese grater, must look into that.

Melissa Hernandez said...

I don't have a kitchen-aid, I have always wanted that piece of GOLD and I have never got one....maybe I can talk Santa into buying one for me!!!!!
I love my Magic Bullet (and I am not talking about the one's that they sell at slumber parties...I don't own one of those....but, the one that let's me puree and make baby food super fast....lovin' it!!)

Livia said...

Wow, you have posted a lot since I visited last so here are my comments: I think your kids look adorable in their Halloween costumes and I love the poses too. Reading about your little girl wanting to help you get the baby out was precious and I think she will be a great big sister. Oh, and last I think I need a hot cocoa maker:)

Irish Cream said...

OK, I'm with you on the kitchen aid mixer and I LOVE my stone wheat grinder.

I have the sucky vacuum- the wrong kind (and it will be replaced by something MUCH better when we actually have more than a strip of carpet!)

Ditto on the chopper, rice cooker (my new one has a delay timer on it!). I also have the hot chocolate maker and I love it for crowds, but my daily use is the milk steamer- super frothy, super hot, and you can add whatever. Mmmm, makes me wanna go steam some milk and add some things to it now...

Hmm, the other Kitchen MUST haves:
*knife sharpener
*food processor
*microwave (duh, but it's tough without one)
*Toaster oven (the counter top kind)
*set of mixing bowls in various sizes
*wooden spoons
*a good whisk (I'm still trying to find one that doesn't fall apart)
*one of each: a good frying pan, pot (5quart), & pan

Ohhh, I could go on and and on! But, then, my kitchen is FULL of gadgets and gizmos and dishes...