Friday, August 27, 2010

Time for School!!!

Let the 2010-2011 School year Begin!

We started on the 23rd this year. All the kids are going to Bennett C. Russell Elementry in Milton. It's a pretty new school only a couple years old. We hear that the Santa Rosa school district is top notch and thus far I have not been dissappointed!
The kids were so excited for the school year to begin. Especially Zoey! It is so hard to see her in Kindergarten( Kindy is all day here.) But she has been more then ready for all day since last year even. She loves, loves,loves to be around people.We went to Back to school night to meet teachers and find class rooms. I'll tell you My kids were so excited to put on some new duds and meet the Teach!
I got everyone ready, I got ready. And threw everyone in the van. Thanks to the random weather we have here in Florida.. It was Sunny when we left and just as I got Cambria in her stroller Rain came down in SHEETS! By the time we got in the door we were litterally dripping wet. It was terrible I had all four kids and 6 bags worth of school supplys.. it was chaotic and messy!( Of course 10 min after we got in it went back to being sunny.. go figure.)
Meeting the Teachers made me feel better about a new school in a new area. I think it made my kids feel better too. I really don't know who was more excited for Monday to come me or them.

Monday morning Bright and early ( 5 a.m. anyone?)I had decided to get up early and make hot breakfast and pack lunches. ( hot breakfast is rare on school days here) We had Popovers and bacon and juice. Lunches packed. And made sure I had enough time to get Zoey's hair done( no extra hour for me this year thanks.) and get pics of everyone.
I wasted time and put curls in Zoey hair. You won't see them seeing as how the humidity was so high and it was already hot when we went outside they fell right out. But it was cute for the whole ten min it lasted.. BLAH.
All three kids were bouncing off the walls and seeing if there new shoes would make them run faster ( I may have told a small fib when buying said shoes to help them make decision on which shoe to buy....)
I decided I was going to drive them and walk them to the classes mainly for my new kindergartener sake... Okay, It was all for selfish reasons, and" mother heny" really.. I just wanted to ensure they wouldn't get lost... and make sure they were okay...especially Zoey. So off we went Camera ready to go.
I dropped Zoey( Mrs. Micheals) off first, helped her find her cubby and desk.I told her I wanted to take a picture. Very put out by my refusal to leave she agreed I could if I would leave right after. She was waving me off before my finger let off the button... Off to go make insta friends with whomever she could get to the quickest no doubt.. she ignored everything I said after that.. So I left.. unsure of how to really feel about that.. I mean it's a good thing right?.. Nothing wrong with independant fearless socialite, right???...* sigh* I did laugh that everytime she introduced herself she would giver her full given name. I just can't believe she's in kindergarten..I know she not the baby of the family anymore but it's still hard to realize how grown up she really is.

Ethan( Mrs.Madison/Mrs. Faircloth) .. he was most anxious to get there! He has two full time teachers this year. and there is no more then 18 students in the class room. I really like his teachers. and think( hope and pray) this will be a great year for him. He knew what he was doing and what he needed to do, he was a bit more patient with me insisting on a picture..But was also giving me that look of "Why are you still here??!! He loves school. Everything about it. Every morning he is the first one up ( last one dressed.) excited to go to school.

Jameson( Dr.Carson) -was last and was clearly embarrased by me being there. He reminded me often he was in 4th grade and didn't need me to help him.. He amused me, but I swear he was trying to get a bit of distance between us so he wouldn't have to claim me.. He did let me take a picture of him by his desk, Then wanted me to leave and quickly.. I decided to be kind and not shower him with kisses and "I love you honeys". I showed restraint and simply stated to have a good day and" a see you after school buddy!". I think he should realize how cool I was to do that.

We had some MASSIVE confusion on the bus ride home.. I was waiting at the bus stop for them when I get the phone call from the school that there was no bus schedule for them yet and to please pick them up ( We registered later so we weren't on the books yet.) I said no problem and drove to get them. I reached the front desk asked for my kids.. a couple of walkie talkie jabbers later I find out they were on a bus headed home after all! It was mayhemish at the front desk but they did apologize for the confusion, I waved it off and chalked it up to first day kinks. ( see how nice I am.. they appreciated my understanding...I should tell Jameson the front desk thinks I'm a cool mom too.) But I needed to know if they had gotten there already, I needed to catch them. So I ran back to the car and headed back to the bus stop. I pulled up right as she was letting them off. ( Thank heavens I live close.)

What I love about school ( Besides the oh so quite house) is that my kids have had NO problem falling asleep come bed time.. Especially Zoey she is exhausted after school and will go lay down for a nap in her bed, she doesn't even try to fight it!

They all have enjoyed their first week and love their teachers! I was so excited ( and relieved) for this school year and glad to have them back in school! I've LOVED having my days to just Cambria and I!
Hopefully this year will just rock for all of them, I can't wait to see how they do.
I just wish I could get out of their homework part of it. yuck!

2 comments:

Tami said...

I hate the homework part, too. And it just gets more and more complicated. Brooklyn (3rd grade) has computer assignments. What gives?? Anyway, glad they're excited to be in school. It's so much easier on us moms when the kids like school, but I totally know how you're feeling with Zoey.

By the way, I think you're a pretty cool mom.

Christy said...

You ARE a cool mom! =) Love the pics!