Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ethans Baptism

Ethan O'tea Irwin
was Baptized on Sept 11, 2010!





Ethan was so excited to be baptized he waited quite awhile to have it done. Since he turned 8 in July. The baptism kept getting pushed back in order to be able to have my parents fly in. I'm afraid it's been pretty crazy for them as of late and life just kept getting in the way. And things needed their attention. I had talked to Ethan about it and he was fine with waiting if it meant getting his Grandma and Grandpa here!
Queenie and G'pa weren't able to make it unfortunately, But I know they were with us in spirit!

The big day came and my Ethan was so excited for day! He wasn't letting anyone in on his day. It was all about him! He stood so tall and he was so proud of himself.
Katie gave the talk on Baptism ( it was a good one.)
Then Paul performed the baptism. Just one dunk! and Ethan did great!
Brent and My Dad were the witnesses
We watched a cute little slide show of Ethan from younger years while we waited for them to get dressed. Katie's friend Mallory was awesome enough to put it together for me. And she did such a cute job on it.. I admit I may have teared up a bit!
Then I had My Zoey and Abbey and Caroline ( Katie's girls) Sing the Baptism song.. they each took a verse And it was sooo cute!! They all did a great job and no one froze up or forgot the words. I loved it!
My mom talked on Holy Ghost and she gave a great talk.. she cried ( what girl doesn't when talking right??) Which concerned Ethan and then He cried. I don't know if the spirit was strong for him or that he just isn't used to his grandma crying... I kept telling him It's okay and it's a good happy cry not a sad cry.
I think it was all just a little overwhelming for him is all. Everyone staring at him and bawling..It would have freaked me out too!
After which Paul confirmed him with My dad and Brent in the circle.

I was so proud of him! He did a great job with everything. I thought it all came together really cute and was glad I had my parents, friend and ward members there to support him.
He wanted hamburgers and hot dogs afterward so we invited the Craig's over for a swim and some food and just chilled for the day.

Later of course Grandma and Grandpa gave him a set of scriptures with his name on it. He was so excited for them and he got to read them that night for the family.. He has yet to forget them. And they are his prize possession right now.

I must admit I missed having all my family there. I wished we could have magically "poofed" them over for that day. I know Ethan would have been happy to see all his favorites! But alas such is life.

I'm sad to say all the cute pictures I took that day are gone thanks to a corrupt memory card. Luckily I have a few my parents took and sent me.

I am so happy for him and proud his decision to become a member of the church. I know he will never forget it. He has been so cute to talk to me about his memory's of it and the pride of becoming a member! He's eyes just sparkle and I hope he always remember the feelings that he felt.


Mom and Dad and all that love you are Proud of you Ethan O'tea!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Congrats to Ethan! How fun that Grandma and Grandpa could come for the occasion.

Love the picture of your family. Your kids are so cute and I sure hope Paul is ready to fight the boys off Zoey cuz that day is gonna come. She is gorgeous!

Melissa Hernandez said...

What a neat day! So cool that grandma and grandpa were there to help celebreat it, what a beautiful family picture!!!

Amy Johnson said...

Congrats E-man!!!