Friday, December 10, 2010

Faith in the bathtub

The school had called and asked me to pick up Zoey because she had thrown up in school. After getting her home she asked if she could get in the tub. I went and filled up the tub, she stuck a foot in and told me it was too hot.So I adjusted and in finished filling it.
I told her it was ready and to go get in . She stuck one foot in and kept pulling out half way. She kept doing this over and over.. I asked her if the water was still too hot.

Her reply with out looking up:" No"( looong pause) "You have to have faith to walk on water,I guess I don't have enough faith yet."
followed with a
"Can I have toys?"
I guess she was trying to see if her foot would stay on top of the water!
It was such a random, casual, matter of fact statement. It cracked me up!!

Well sweet girl, I guess I don't have enough faith yet either.. guess we'll both have to keep working on getting our feet to stay on top of the bath water!

I love her.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Too funny! And how sweet that she thinks along those line. I must not have enough faith yet either.

Irish Cream said...

Ohhh, I miss you! and that sweet Zoey!

I hope you're really enjoying your Florida weather- and not missing the 20F and foot of snow that you left us here with!

Give your kids big hugs, and I hope I can hear your laughter, soon!

Christy said...

So, so cute!!! Love it!