Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2010 moments

Since I'm always a couple months behinds. I'm going to just touch on a few of my favorite moments from this past holiday season. With a couple pictures to sum it all up.
Oh but where to start..
Halloween -
I have finally figured out that all store bought costumes were designed for Florida and other warmer climate states. This is our first year where we didn't have add layer upon layer as we trick or treated this year.. I mean you could actually TELL what they were supposed to be this year.
We had a fun Halloween..
Jameson was a army soldier. Ethan. Batman( again) Zoey was a fairy princess and Cambria was a fairy.
It came we had treats till Christmas. What more can we ask for really from Halloween.


Thanksgiving was so fun.

Clint has planned on coming out for Thanksgiving, And just the week before Jay called and asked if he and his family could come join us for Thanksgiving. I was surprised since he just got home from his summer vacation in AFGHANISTAN. It was a house full of pure , bliss full chaos. I loved having everyone out. Clint was here to keep the kids happy. They would go play, get bored come jump on Clint for awhile and (possible be hog tied by him) And go play some more.( If he was kind enough to release them.) April and Jameson were instant pals and spent they're time catching frogs and lizzards.( not many pictures since they kept themselves pretty busy) Micheal and Ethan have a shared obsessive love of video games. Zoey and Jessica loved playing pretend and princess. Grant was the easiest going& happiest little guy I have ever met! And Cambria decided that Heather was A-Okay! ( she didn't like anyone else). I loved having them here and catching up. We had lots of fun. Clint is the easiest house guess one can have really.. He sleeps a lot. He'll eat whatever and the kids LOVE him. I would let him live with me .... but since he is building a gorgeous house I doubt that will ever happen.( I should mention I am Ridiculously jealous of his beautiful new home)
Jay's and I kids match up beautifully in age and getting along really well. We should really live closer to each other. They were all super fun to have visit!


Christmas- was a whirl wind! It came and left entirely too quickly. I could not find my holiday spirit. I'm sure I left it in the other state that has snow and seasons. But, it was a good christmas. Kids had fun ,We had fun. Nothing too fantastic. Other then while we live here in Florida we decided that every Christmas dinner will be one with fresh seafood. We call it the Gulf Coast dinner. Super yummy. Still need to figure out the best ways to prepare different fish etc. But since the kids a got a basketball hoop it was fantastic to be able to set it up and let them play with it in Dec. with nothing more then a hoody!
It was Also Cambria's first Christmas. She was cute with it. And thinks Wrapping Paper is good fun!

We also Had Paul's Parents out for New years and Cambria's First birthday ( her birthday post will be all her own.) We had a fantastic time with them! We introduced them to Fill or bust. Which will now go down in the Irwin hall of fame of witty moments and gut busting laughter. We visited quite a bit. Played a bit more. Shopped a little. Watched movies.. We toured a small ship and oohed and awe'd over the rare treat of dolphins in the bay area that we watched from the docks. Pelicans that were not afraid of us pesky humans. It was really neat. We loved having them out and have made new vows that it will not be another 2 years before we see them. Cambria( Aka as Kui) is a Queenie's girl no hesitation.. Zoey is a G'pa's girl, she was his Shadow day in and day out!


Our holidays were filled with a rare treat of Family! My parents came out for Sept( no pics thanks to a corrupted sd card.. BOO!) Then Clint and Jay for Thanksgiving. Then Paul's Parents for new years and Birthdays. I loved seeing and having all of them. And am awed and feel very blessed to get to see so many is such a short time! Yay for family. I miss them all.

1 comments:

Irish Cream said...

You all look so good! Must be that Sunshine you have down there.

I laughed out loud when I read about the Halloween costumes. I was thinking the same thing when I lived in Texas! (and then spent a few Halloweens in Colorado and Indiana, I realized what a PAIN it is to have those store-bought costumes!)

Cambria is beautiful, but looks so different from her gorgeous older sister. I still say Cambria is a smaller feminine version of Jameson!

I hope the South is treating you well; I'm sure you fit in; you have the Sunny and loving personality I found many southerners have, like you carry that sunshine inside all the time.

I really REALLY MISS YOU!