Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cambria Turns One!!

My baby girl turned ONE on New years eve.


It is so hard to take in how fast she has grown. I can't believe I already have a one year old! ( yes i'm garbling.. I can if I want to it is my blog after all.) I know we all say it.. and it's so irritating but truly truly time slips away too quickly, and baby's really do grow up so fast. I sometimes wish I could just stop my kids from getting any bigger or any older. ( SIGH) alright I'm garbled out. ( maybe)

Little miss Cambria ( aka as Kui, Bri or baby girl.) Weight 18 lbs and is 32 in tall. She has very blonde hair. And the bluest of blue eyes. They are unique to this family.. But I still wonder is she will keep them or go a beautiful green like Jameson's did.. either way she will have show stopper eyes. They are gor-geous!

She has grown alot once we blew her canlde out. She is walking, she is starting to talk
Our vocab is : Dadda ( her most favorite person on the planet) Mum( the lady she only likes if daddy is no where to be found) NO! ( a word she says with as much as attitude and gusto a one year old can muster.) Hot ( always said in whisper) and Owie- Ow ( said both appropriate times and randomly) and HI! And when we say the words BIG GIRL show throws both her arms up as far as they can reach.
She is goofy and loves to laugh and play. She is most amused with finger play songs . I.e five little monkeys ( jumping on the bed or swinging in a tree) Patty Cake etc. She does most of the finger actions that go with it on her own.. and loves particular parts and will insist we do that particular part over and over.
She knows where her nose is... and picks it often. But can find it easily if I ask her where her nose is.

My favorite is her kisses. ( which she will give you if you ask for kisses and make kissy noises) and her BIG GIRL gesture where she throws both hands above her head.

She is a sweet girl with a lot of sassy spunk. She is very aware of strangers and will cry if they even attempt to hold her... if you cross her,she will remember your offense and cry as soon as you enter the room.. She decides quickly who she likes, who she doesn't ... and those who will have to work for her affection. Sometimes I respect it.. Sometimes is frustrating if I need someone to help hold her.

She is a joy to have. I think she is very smart, Very busy, very adorable. And simply Beautiful.

Her birthday was a fun one, Paul's parents came in from Co. She took to Queenie as soon as she walked in the door. And they bonded instantly.. We spent time with them and hung out for the day.. She had her own cupcake to eat and she downed the WHOLE thing. she was all about that cupcake. Opened gifts. Her gifts were some cute outfits and a walker toy ( pointless after a week since she can walk on her own ) And we just hung out and enjoyed our company.

I'm so glad she is in our family We all enjoy her. She is the darndest cutest thing ever.
Paul has a real sweet spot for her.. She has him wrapped around her little finger. I've loved seeing there bond. She loves loves her daddy!

Happy Birthday sweet girl! I can't even believe your one!

3 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

I can't believe she is one already! Holy crap! She is so dang cute and is getting so big! I really miss you guys!

Irish Cream said...

I LOVE the picture you caught of her and Paul's mom holding their arms up. That could be published!

Such a beautiful little girl. I wonder where she gets all that sassy spunk from. . .

Katie said...

One? That girl is going on 3 or 4! She is so smart! She catches on to everything the first time! WOW. I am glad we are close enough to see her grow up. Someday she will come around to the Craigs. I am still offended;) But I love her none the less. Zoey just took to us so fast I just expect her to do it too! Oh well I guess a headstrong little girl is okay too. Paul is truly wrapped around her for sure. But the best part is he gets his little baby time.
Happy Birthday my little Cambria!