Friday, January 1, 2010

Our newest addition


Cambria Made her debut on New year's eve at 12:02 p.m. weighing at 7 lbs & 7 0z, 20 in long. She was quick and easy for which I was extremely grateful for. I was also glad she was not a new years baby! All I can promise her as she grows is there will be a party going on somewhere on her birthday and she will always get to stay up til at least Midnight!

Labor and delievery went Fast.. they started me at 7 and she was here by noon. I got my epidural Just in time too! She was fast and furious! I had Fabulous nurse, Fabulous Dr. And a nice Anestiesiolgist lady who was sweet enough to get me an extra boost of feel good medicine since I doubt it would have kicked in in time to start the show. I was very happy with how it all went.

I am so glad to finally have her here. So far she has been a great baby.
The kids have been so excited to finally be able to see her. Paul and I will have to be on the defense with her for a bit, they are just so eager to help with...well, everything!! I'm glad Paul is here to play bodygaurd for me and the baby!

Jameson has been the sweetest and most thoughtful toward me, I had a cute poster made by him he made my bed after my nap and is sensitive to being careful around mommy and baby! I think he is going to be a great big helper and a great big brother.
Ethan has been excited to have me home and somewhat intrigued with the baby.. he filled a bottle with regular milk and brought it to me to feed the baby. He wants to do something and gets frustrated that all his good idea's and well intentions don't happen.. he is very bumbly which makes mommy nervous. he is cute to go check on the baby and announce the baby is still sleeping!
Zoey is soo excited about baby and will have to learn to be a bit softer with her.. and not to touch her constantly. She will also have to learn that she can't sneak on my lap when I am holding the baby. She too wants to help with everything and constantly. But I am so glad they are so excited for their baby sister... I don't know if baby will feel the same way getting mauled all the time.. But they mean well....

Her official name is Cambria( CAME-BREE-A) Kulani( Kooo-Lonny) Irwin.
Kulani means Celestial in Hawiaan. Yes I decided to give everyone the phonetics on the first and middleAnd name since I know half of everyone has already said Cam-Bria & Ku-laaney. So I'll just go ahead and put that to bed now.

I am so glad to be home. And glad to have her here! I love seeing her and trying to figure out who she looks most like.. But I think it's safe to say she'll be our Fair Beauty!

Welcome Baby Cambria, We are so happy to have you here!

14 comments:

john-n-jess blomstedt said...

Congratulations, my dear! I can't believe you already got to go home! She is beautiful and I very much look forward to stealing her for a holding at some point! Great job, momma! By the way, I LOVE her name!

Ryan said...

She is beautiful congrats!!!!

Kami Jo said...

CONGRATS!!!! She is a Beauty!!!!!

Irish Cream said...

Look at that Proud Papa! As he should be. What with such an amazing wife, and now four great kids... WOW. I hope you are also a Proud Mama (even if a tired one).

I hope you're putting your feet up and getting some well-deserved (and earned!) Pampering.

I cannot believe how blond she is! It'll be fun to see how she changes and grows into her own features. I can hardly wait to hold the little snugglebug!

Tami said...

Glad everything went smoothly and that you're feeling good. She is so cute. Be sure to post more pics as time goes on.

Melissa Hernandez said...

i have been a blog slacker, i am so glad i checked your blog today! Congrat's what a beauty! I hope mom and baby are getting some good rest!!!

Amy said...

She is beautiful! She reminds me of Jamisons baby pics! I'm so glad things went good! This is your first baby that I can't come see...boo to that! I want to snuggle her so dang bad! Post tons of pics often! Glad you are feeling good! Love ya tons and tons!!!

Livia said...

I think she is perfect! What a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl. Congratulations again!

Katie said...

Well I guess I am the slacker. Look at how many people already love her! Wow. congrats, I love ya. It makes me want to live in the fridged cold just to hold her. Well maybe not live there again but just visit. She does really look like Paul. I love that she is blonde! You just don't have little cookie cutter kids. That is great.

Get some rest. Call me when you are up to talking again.

Happy birthday soon too!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh you are so lucky, i am sure you mus be proud!

Nat said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Good luck with all of the helpful siblings! It is fun to watch them interact!

The Byington's said...

Congrats! She is adorable! Glad you got a good one! :) Hope everything continues to go well!

Kennan said...

you're now officially a righteous mormon with 4 kids (ha ha). congratulations on your great birth story and little cute Camria. i can't wait to hold her! Zoey can be our full-time visitor if you'd like :) don't worry, the mauling won't last too long.

Kennan said...

ok, just so you know, that was a typo. i meant Cambria!