Friday, April 2, 2010

not dead.....yet.


Hello fellow bloggers!
Just wanted to let you know I'm not Dead ..... yet. Although I am starting to get all sorts of confused as to which way is up at this point.
Mt. Dew is a daily, no... an hourly requirement. And It's effects are starting to not work near as fast as I prefer... maybe it's time to up the dosage? Or maybe find one a bit more potent... I always did wonder what it was like to be a Rock Star, or if a Red Bull really does give you wings. ( kidding.... sorta)

For all of you wondering what on earth we've been up to. Well I'm just going to sum it all up since I am already behind just by sitting here messing around on the computer.
Paul accepted a job in Pensacola Fl. He left The first week in March.
Which means He left me here, By myself with 3 kids and a baby. To Pack, Fix and get the house ready to sell.. oh and to prevent child services from asking too many questions.;-)

So much has happened since then, I owe a post to every single on of them. We blessed Cambria the last week in Feb. I was sad to have such a small circle. But she looked beautiful and Paul gave her a beautiful blessing... I've had massive freak outs wondering how in the world I'm going to do it all... Paul had the pleasure of talking me thru them, and listening to my endless rants and complaints...( that hasn't changed much.) I've had my Camera stolen.. which had my pictures of the blessing...( oh, lets not start that RANT.)
Attempting to get the house on the market, and therefore adding to my list of things to get done.

My kids have been great for the most part, Jameson especially has been such a good help. We won't talk about the Sunday where I just about killed all of them. Everything happened, such as Ethan Leap Frogging down the main aisle DURING the sacrament, Jameson physically fighting with a classmate ( not sure it's legal to have an arch enemy in church, but he sure has one.) Well, to say the very least they were anything but reverent from start to finish. And it's by God's good graces they lived after that day... but I assure you, they haven't tried to pull anything like that since....

But somehow I get things accomplished, and we all survive to do it all again the next day. We call Paul every evening and do scripture study over the phone And let the kids talk to him and tell him about their day. Before you start thinking, wow.. aren't they so great for being devoted to reading... let me give you a taste as to how it probably sounds to Paul on the phone...
Me: ok, kids sit down, be quite and lets read.." I Nephi.." I SAID SIT DOWN!!!".... "having bee-.." QUITE KICKING YOUR BROTHER!!"....n born of goo-"....."THAT'S IT, YOU CAN LISTEN FROM THE CORNER, IF YOUR NOT GOING TO BEHAVE!...."dly Parents..." NO I'M NOT DONE, YET....
Other comments made while in the middle of scriputers:
Yes, I know I just said a bad word, but it's okay because it's in the scriptures.... now quit laughing.
Please quit touching the baby.....
Please quit teasing him!.
I don't know who's turn it is to say the prayer, stop fighting....
Of course there is always the baby who seems to not enjoy the written word..
Although it's not always the most spiritual moment, we haven't missed a night yet, and I hope it's effecting SOMEBODY in a positive way. See aren't we sooooo righteous?!! (okay, that was said sarcastically I promise.)
Please tell me it's like this at your house too??!!

Anyway, needless to say it's been a bit busy, and now I have the new fun of trying to keep the house spotless,in case I have a showing. I've had some great friends from the ward who have taken my kids for couple hours. which is awesome, And one who knows that a girls night does Stacey good. ( although I feel guilty going, it works for me.)
I'm going to try to play catch up soon, and then I can put all of my stories together a bit more complete! In the mean time, I have more scrubbing to do, things to pack, rooms to paint and kids to keep happy. Easter to put together, and Birthdays to start on, a baby to feed and rock. ( how do all of you super moms do this all the time?!)
At least Paul is coming home on Tues for a week to help me with a few things and to celebrate Jameson's and Zoey's b-day, I am SOOO excited to see him, we all miss him! ( I've already warned him that I will be working him like a mule!)
I must be honest, in saying that we really do seem to be managing and accomplishing things. I just think it's in a mom nature to freak out and get overwhelmed about the to do list, and if your like me, you think everything should have been done, YESTERDAY and not sure which should be at the top of the list. But we are surviving and doing alright, I am writing this all with a chuckle.( Does that mean I've lost it???!) Or that I've accepted this new way, know that one way or another I'm outta here by June?!!
I don't mean to ignore anyone or their blogs. But just know that ,I'm think'n about ya!

7 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

Okay, that was completely therapeutic!!! I was laughing so hard reading about your scripture reading, I feel like I'm not alone after reading that!! We just moved last week, and I don't know how you are taking care of a new baby, 3 kids, and packing without a husband...hello superwoman!!!!

Tami said...

I can't believe your camara was stolen! The nerve of some people!

That was hilarious about the scripture sessions. I was laughing! So glad to know that my kids are not the only irreverant ones when it comes to that. But at least we do it, right? We're making an effort and hopefully they'll remembmer that.


Good luck with everything on your list. Wish I lived closer so I could help. Actually, I wish you were moving west instead of east. Are you coming back to Utah for a visit before you go to Florida?

P.S. I thing you are SuperMom.

Christy said...

I'm getting on to tell you what everyone else already said: You are the Supermom!! You rock, and you are doing an amazing job. Scripture study over the phone--that is so admirable. And my personal feeling is that the harder it is to do the right things, especially when children are small, the more the Lord blesses you and your efforts. Your children might not remember the scriptures you read, or what was said in sacrament meeting, but they will always know what is most important to you and Paul, and it will make all the difference in their lives. Ok, I've gone on too long. Love ya. Hang in there Supermom!

The Buys said...

Leap frogging down the aisle during sacrament. The visual of Ethan doing that made me smile all night. You want us to fly out and help you for a weekend with all the packing and such?

jess said...

florida! yes! this means i'm coming to visit.

florida is the land of swass. you know that, right?

sounds like you're freaking busy, but hey, still laughing, as always. i wish i was closer; i'd come and help you out.

Gary said...

Thanks for the laugh, it was much needed!

The Byington's said...

Haha! Stacey you crack me up, even though your probably stressed to the limit your amazing that your able to joke about it, and laugh it off! I totally admire you. That scripture reading really, is hilarious! But way to go at keep doing it! So do you go to Florida just after you sell the house? Or are you leaving before then? Either way, good luck, and definitely take those girl nights out, they are soooooo worth it!